When it comes to your mindset and exercising it can be a what came first? The chicken or the egg?
Does having a great mindset fire you up to workout or does exercise create wonderful things inside your brain which keeps you moving everyday? I believe it is both and one will always lead the other.
Exercise can be a contentious topic for some people as they view working out as a chore, they hate it, it’s too painful or they simply can’t be bothered. It isn’t high on their priority list. Moving your bum everyday doesn’t have to be a chore or painful.
Consider the facts of exercising
- it boosts feel good hormones
- it helps to keep weight under control
- your joints stay supple
- increases energy levels
- self confidence improves
- decreases anxiety, worries and depression
Now, what about how it makes you FEEL? Pretty fricken amazing that’s what! That is because of the happy hormones which flow through your body after you workout. Cortisol is low, your endorphins kick in and you feel ridiculously happy; like you can take on the world. Who doesn’t want to feel like that?
But what if you’re self confidence is low, you don’t like how you look in your active wear, you hate gyms, you don’t know how or any number of reasons you tell yourself which prevents you from getting up and moving.
You can talk yourself INTO anything. You can talk yourself OUT of anything
If you believe in yourself and your ability to get up and get moving then this will further your positive mindset. It is a win win situation.
So, what comes first? The positive mindset or the exercise which creates an exhilarating feeling inside of you giving you the encouragement you need to keep going?
Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. Either way you are giving yourself a chance.
Set yourself a challenge. Everyday. Here are a few ideas to get you moving:
- Go for a walk outside for 10 minutes. Increase this to twice per day then three. Then increase each 10 minute walk to 15, then 20 and so on until you are walking for 60 minutes without resting.
- Join a fitness class where you can meet new people and have a great time whilst getting fit.
- Hire a personal trainer to get you moving. They will personalise a training program just for you. If you are unfit and haven’t done exercise before, that’s ok. Your personal trainer should customise it to fit your needs and experience.
- Grab a friend and go for a walk in nature
- Reward yourself at the end of the week if you have gotten up to move at least 3 times during the week. Make sure the reward is healthy and positive; such as a massage, get your nails done, go to a movie, call a friend and tell them all about your new healthy lifestyle (see if they want to join you). Whatever it may be congratulate and celebrate. You are doing amazing.
- Buy some light weights and use them at home. There are plenty of tutorials and workouts on the internet.
Once you have implemented some of these ideas you will soon discover your inner positivity. If you need a little more help to find your inner positivity then check out my other articles
I also have a FREE 4 week Mind & Body Evolution Program. You can sign up by clicking the button below.
It is time for your evolution!