Drinking a glass of ginger water with apple cider vinegar is a wonderful way to prepare the digestive system for the next meal. Not only does ginger aid the digestive system it also reduces the feelings of nausea, could help prevent the formation of stomach ulcers, stabilises blood sugar, eases menstrual pain, reduces inflammation as well as helping to fight bacterial and fungal infections.
What to do
1 large knob of ginger
2-3 cups water, depending on how big the ginger is
What to do
- Roughly cut the ginger into chunks. Leave the skin on.
- Put ginger and water into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and leave to cool completely. Leave the ginger in the saucepan
- Strain the water into a jug (do not strain down the sink like I did the first time. Oops. Thankfully I caught myself in time and only lost a little bit down the drain).
- Pour the ginger water into a large glass jar and store in the fridge.
- Serve in a glass. You could fill the glass halfway with ginger water then fill the rest with plain water. Add 1 TBS apple cider vinegar. Enjoy