This is the quickest and easiest jam recipe you will ever make. It has 3 ingredients and takes no more than 10 minutes to make (plus cooling time but you can walk away for that one). It is sweet and delicious, and perfect for toast, pancakes, in your baking or however you would normally use jam. It is very versatile.
The only thing this jam isn’t is full of sugar. There is some added sweetener but the berries are the true star and are full of their own natural sweetness.
What you need
1 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
1 TBS water
2 TBS sweetener (honey, rice malt syrup or maple syrup)
2 TBS chia seeds
What to do
- Place berries, water and sweetener into a small saucepan and turn the heat to medium.
- Bring to the boil, turn the heat down then simmer gently for 5-7 minutes. The time will depend on whether you are using fresh or frozen berries. Check them after about 3 minutes to see how soft the berries are. Do not overcook.
- Take the saucepan off the heat.
- If you like your jam chunky use a potato masher to puree the berries to your desired chunkiness or use a stick blender to puree completely smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and stir.
- Leave to thicken for 10-15 minutes. Stir a few more times.
- Allow to completely cool before spooning the berries into a glass jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to six week. Enjoy
3 ingredient jam
Eat Colourful. Live Colourful